Topic Brainstorm

Some interesting topics I have found for my portfolio are the topics of dogs, the greek goddesses, bible stories, and native american traditions.

I chose the topic dogs because I love animals and I find comfort in a dog being a man's best friend. I think there is a lot of creativity that could be sparked from stories relating to dogs, whether it be stories of reincarnation, fables, or just tales of the life of a dog. I have two dogs at home, so I think reading about something I have or can relate to makes things a little more fun.
link to stories
link to stories

I chose the topic of the greek goddesses because of my interest in greek mythology. Also, the fact that I am a woman and I like learning about the different historical aspects of my gender, whether its real or not. My first project of greek mythology was based off Athena. Since then, I have always found beauty in the stories from that specific ideology.
link to stories

I chose the topic of bible stories because I come from a religious background. I find interest in seeing how the stories I read in the bible as a young girl are translated in the tales of mythology. It brings up many questions about faith, and the origins of many religions. It is definitely something that allows creativity, but also new perspectives.
link to stories


I chose the topic of native american traditions because ever since I was young my grandparents have been teaching me about these stories. My great grandparents lived on an indian burial ground, which in their minds was very sacred. I am excited to take the stories I read in this class, and transform them into my own versions based on what I heard as a child.
links to stories

dogs that may be used in one of my stories

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

storytelling, week 11 - the creation of the mermaid

Introduction to a social media marketer- Week 1