Week 1



My favorite place would most likely be Belize. More specifically, Ambergris Caye, Belize. I traveled to this bright and colorful oasis last spring break, courtesy of my boyfriend's family. When we first arrived, I was slightly taken back due to the diverse culture and care-free way of life. It wasn't like any place I had been before. We traveled down a terrible excuse for a road until we reached our resort, where we were then introduced to the white sands and swaying trees. We began our adventure through Belize by paddle surfing, laying by salty water, and experiencing the unique variety Belize has to offer.

While all of these things added up to be the mixture for a perfect getaway, there was one day in particular that out shined the rest. Now before I begin, you must known I have a love for sea turtles that cannot be expressed through a simple blog post. They are hands-down my favorite animal and part of the reason this place is my favorite. Anyway, we took an excursion through the islands of Belize, snorkeling through schools of fish that have more colors than I could count. We swam with sharks, sting rays, and most importantly, sea turtles! It was such a magical moment watching such a graceful creature swim happily through the crystal clear water. I stayed in that moment as long as I could just taking everything in.

Being able to experience swimming side by side with a sea turtle is one of my favorite memories, and one of many reasons why Caye Caulker is my favorite place!

(Sea Turtle, Sea Turtle Link)

Comments

  1. Oh, I am so glad to know about you and the sea-turtles, Gracie! I hope you will want to do a project that includes sea-turtles, which could be stories about sea-turtles (or other kinds of turtles too), or sea-turtles telling stories about other sea creatures... and you might enjoy browsing through some of the collections of Caribbean folklore online; there are some really good books, including some where the stories are told in Caribbean creoles and dialects, which are really fascinating too! Here's a link: Freebookapalooza: Caribbean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

storytelling, week 11 - the creation of the mermaid

Introduction to a social media marketer- Week 1