Week 1 - Storybook Favorites

As I was reading through many of the mythological stories given to me by my professor, I kept a few things in mind. Number one, is this easy to understand? I wanted to ensure I could follow along with every aspect of what was happening. I wanted to be engaged. Number two, is it realistic? Now, I know mythology is about everything but being realistic, so by realistic I really mean, is it based off another story? I love when readers take original stories and put twists on them to make them their own. Lastly, I wanted them to be creative. Creativity is key in a great story. The stories listed below are some that I really enjoyed and met that all of my favorite requirements!

One of the mythology stories that I chose as my favorite was "In the Forrest" from the Stolen Princess. This story is an elegant and beautiful creation and is written in a way that is easy to read and understand. The characters of the stories, the story line of events, and the way everything plays out are all reasons this story was one of my favorties. I love the design and interpretation of the writer's thoughts on the legend of changelings. The creative aspects inspires me to write my own story!

this image is was an image from the story



Another mythology story that I found extremely interesting is The Sisters from the Women in Constellations. This story was unique and it took a minute for me to get into it, but I love the idea of the unearthly feel that this story gives. I especially liked the very end when the author left readers with a cliffhanger by stated, “hello.” This gives readers a chance to imagine for themselves what will happen next. Also, It's reference to greek mythology and creative twists on ancient stories is just another reason and I am so excited to write my own versions!



this image is an image from the story



The Last story that caught my eye was All the Beauty in the World by the Myth and Folklore Storybook. This story became one of my favorites because its basis of Adam and Eve. Once again, I love when authors takes real story ideas and make them their own.

Story Link


This image is from the story











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading, The Supernatural

Storytelling - week 15

Reading Notes B - week 15