Topic Research

The topic I am choosing to do research on is the greek goddesses. This topic has always been interesting to me, ever since I first began learning about it in middle school. One greek goddess that has always been my favorite is Aphrodite. She is the goddess of love, beauty, and sexuality. Because she is the god of sexuality and love, she is often caught in moments of adultery. Aphrodite is a more popular goddess, as her role in the lliad resulted in the trojan war. I could write a story about Aphrodite's love affairs and her contribution to the war.
Athena was another goddess that I've always enjoyed learning about. She is also a popular goddess, and she was a contributor to the trojan war as well. Athena is the goddess wisdom, handicraft, and strategic war. Being the warrior goddess, Athena was believed to lead soldiers into war. Athena was also the protector of many greek cities, such as Athens. For Athena, I could write my own version of her story by speaking of her wisdom and leadership in battles. 
Hecate is the third goddess that caught my eye because she is the goddess of magic, crossroads, ghosts, and necromancy. Hecate is told to be a great goddess, however there are ties that create believe that she was connected to the dark underworld. I could write many stories about Hecate, one being her experiences with Hades and how she uses the underworld as power to be a goddess. 

Hecate
Aphrodite
Athena


Comments

  1. Hi Gracie! This is a cool idea. I love the idea of taking different goddesses and talking their stories in a new way. What will your framing be for the storybook? How will these stories be different than the traditional ones? I think you have a great start for your project here and I am excited to see where you take this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

storytelling, week 11 - the creation of the mermaid

Introduction to a social media marketer- Week 1