Reading notes A week 10




Great Plains: Sacred Legend

 Myths and Legends of the Great Plains by Katharine Berry Judson (1913).

This story tells how the native people came about and how they started using tools of the land for survival.
Each method was improved, and the people made adjustments so they could be more satisfied with their livings.

If I were to rewrite this story, I would base it in Alaska, and tell how the people came out of the ice and wondered into the mainland.
I would describe what the people use to live and how they discovered it.
I would also describe how the people made each item better

My version would mimic the original, but contain a different setting and different items used to live in that area at that time.

My story will feature bears, snow, roots, and trees taller than the sky. Each item found in nature will be used to benefit the native people in some way.

faithful native american family 
picture link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading, The Supernatural

Storytelling - week 15

Reading Notes B - week 15